Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2009

I Blame Twitter! Kinda

I've been a bad blogger lately.  I only have one post since May, and that was just a YouTube video of Obama's teleprompter falling over.  And while funny, there was no real thought there. 

A few monthes ago I even signed up for a service called "Plinky" that is supposed to prompt you with interesting questions to answer / ponder on your blog.  I've done a grand total of one of those.  When the email comes I just hit delete and move on. 

The other think that I blame this lack of blogging on is Twitter.  Twitter has seriously made me lazy.  If I can just bang out 140 characters at a time from the status bar of my browser with TwitterFox or from my BlackBerry with UberTwitter, why would I spend the time to go to my blog, think of something thoughtful, carefully word it into something semi-coherent, think of a good headline, and finally post it?  Who knows, but apparently that's what i've been doing, since I have nearly 700 Tweets since last fall. 

The other thing, and more likely to be a the root of the problem, is that since I haven't had a real job in, oh, almost eight months, I have had a serious lack of ambition and motvation to do anything creative.  I don't even take pictures anymore.  I used to cary my camera around litterally all the time, and now one of them sits in my office and I'm not even sure where the other one is. 

But speaking of no real job and no motivation, I do have a ton of work for my psuedo job to get done today that I have, of course, been putting off all week, so I'd better get to it. 

What did you expect?  Some sort of revelation?  ;)

6 comments:

Jessi said...

OMG, a blog post by Matteo!! Teehee... congrats and resisting the lazy Twitter urge and coming up with a few paragraphs :)

mnthomp said...

Well, it was pretty much the least I could do! Hopefully I'll get on the ball later and post some pictures of the awesome breakfast I had today.

Jessi said...

Omg, that makes me want pancakes even more now, augh!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been craving Lucille's somethin' awful since I've been back, but once again I'm broke, grrrr.

Melissa said...

i delete those plinky things too. lazy bloggers unite!

mnthomp said...

Lazy is the way to be... aprnlty.

Pookie said...

I like your blogs better. :)