Pages

Monday, November 27, 2006

...In with the new

Welp, this is, apparently the new Blogger. Which is still in Beta.

But since it is now a Google product, that should come as no surprise, since most of their stuff is in perpetual beta form. I mean, c'mon... I've been using Gmail for quite a while now (like a couple of years) and it's still in beta. But as long as it works, I don't really care what they call it.

But this new Beta thing with all its new-fangled fancy features is going to take a little bit to get tweaked just right. Like the Labels thing. I'm going to have to come up with some categories and stick with them if I want to have any hope of a cohesive experience for my (few) visitors. So far I'm thinking News, Nerds, Rants, Photos... and that's all I've got so far. We'll see where this goes, if anywhere.

Man, I hope this worked.

3 comments:

mnthomp said...

Seems to have worked.

Only things that I have noticed thus far (about 30 seconds) is that it was nearly instant to publish, and the little tan toolbar at the top looks a little bit different.

So far so good.

Pookie said...

Good Job Matt! Way to embrace the change. :o) I really can't tell that big of a difference but yours is more linky than mine.

mnthomp said...

Katie... mine is always more linky than yours. ;)

Tracie... I'll let you know how it works out.

One further thing that I noticed is that since my template was built in the old Blogger using HTML and CSS (as opposed to whatever they are using now), I can't use any of the fun tools that the Beta version gives you. I think that I'm going to have to rebuild my template from scratch with their new tools if I want to take advantage of any of that. (Like collapsible archives and stuff.) But we'll see.