Pages

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Darker than the inside of a cow

This morning at about nine-thirty I was using the restroom at work, minding my own business, when the lights flickered, went off, then on, off, on, and then finally off, and stayed off. Lemme tell ya, it was uncomfortably dark in there! It's a good thing I was basically done, or else it could have gotten out of hand.

The thing that supprised me was not that the lights decided to go out in the middle of the morning, because our building is kinda old and very crappy, but just how dark it actually got! I do understand that I was in a five foot by seven foot half-bath, but there wasn't even light coming in under the door. And on my return to my windowless basement office it was, of course, just as dark. If it wasn't such a trash pit I might have gotten away without knocking anything on the floor, but it is kindof a disaster area.

Oh well, it gave me a convenient excuse to evacuate the office for a while to check on my truck's progress at Papa Wheelie's Custom Exhaust shop down town. Yay for spending huge sums of money on ancient vehicles that rarely get driven. Oi.

2 comments:

mnthomp said...

Well, I suppose you'd be right, for the most part, but only if there were light to see the red. I suppose the inside of a is the important part, not the cow.

mnthomp said...

Eeew... but you're right.