Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Songs about rain

After threatening all day yesterday, the weather finally got its act together and actually rained for a little while today here in FoCo!  I love the rain (when I don't have to work in it, that is), and this was just a nice, steady, gentle shower that is really going to help get the grass and plants going!  Not to mention rinse some of the infernal dust and pollen out of the air for at least a little while!!!  Sheesh, my allergies are killing me this year!

Driving home through the nice little rain shower got me thinking, there's a lot of good songs about rain, and I should make a playlist / compilation of them!  I started to make a list, so let me know what you think, if you want to email me any mp3s, and if I missed anything!
  • I Love A Rainy Night - Eddie Rabbitt
  • Rockin' With The Rhythm Of The Rain - The Judds
  • Raindrops keep fallin' on my head - B.J. Thoma
  • I'm Only Happy When It Rains - Garbage
  • Here Comes That Rainy Day Feeling Again - The Fortunes
  • Kentucky Rain - Elvis Presley
  • Here Comes The Rain Again - The Eurythmics
  • (It Must Be) Raindrops - David Cassidy
  • Have You Ever Seen The Rain/Who'll Stop The Rain - Creedence Clearwater Revival
  • Fire And Rain - James Taylor
  • It Never Rains In Southern California - Albert Hammond
  • Rainy Days And Mondays - The Carpenters
  • Laughter In The Rain - Neil Sedaka
  • Never Liked the Rain - Clint Black
  • Rain In My Heart - Frank Sinatra
  • (Somewhere) Over The Rainbow - Judy Garland
  • Rainbow Connection - Kermit The Frog
  • Singin' In The Rain - Gene Kelly
  • Box of Rain - Grateful Dead
  • Blue Eyes Cryin' in the Rain - Willie Nelson
Once I get the list finalized, whittled down to a reasonable number, and find all the songs, I'll try to figure out a way to share my new list with a few people.  Like I need another project...

2 comments:

Jessi said...

Well, there's the ever-famous Milli Vanilli song... "blame it on the rain, yeah, yeah, yeah..."
:)

mnthomp said...

Yeah, that one came up in the search, but... I kinda chose not to include it. Maybe I'll have to re-assess my decision there.