Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Ho Hum

While TheNextWeb seems to think that "This short BBC documentary is the spookiest thing you’ll see today", it really isn't.  Unless you're very easily spooked, I suppose.

What it is, is a very well done piece on The World Hum, or simply The Hum, which doesn't try to draw any conclusions of its own.  This is good, because possible explanations range from mental disorders to government conspiracy.

The Hum is an unexplained worldwide phenomenon where certain people experience a very low, very annoying humming noise that can't be pinpointed and most people don't hear at all.  While I have never heard this noise, I have on occasion been able to hear my own blood flow and other internal sounds that could otherwise be hard to explain.

It also reminded me how much I love that the BBC video player's volume control goes to eleven.


No comments: