Pages

Friday, February 02, 2007

ATHF Is The Bomb

I love ATHF.
By now I'm sure that everyone as heard about the terrorist scare in Boston this week that turned out to be a guerrilla marketing ploy for the up-coming Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie by Turner Broadcasting, parent company of the Cartoon Network, where ATHF airs, but in case you live under a rock, check one of the stories here.

As much as I like the show, I don't know that I could handle an entire movie of it. The episodes are only about eleven minutes long (convenient for watching on YouTube), so you don't really have a chance to get sick of it in that time period. But a whole movie? I guess we'll find out.

Here is a video of some of the installations made by the "perpetrators":

I suppose what would have freaked Bean-town out was their placement under bridges and parking structures. But since these things were magnetic, where else are you going to find a big chunk of iron to stick stuff to?

Now some Boston officials are calling for Turner's broadcasting license to be suspended. That would mean no CNN. How could the east coast survive without CNN? Most of the western U.S. would hardly notice, since we all watch Fox News... because they report and we decide. ;)

And what can we conclude from this? That Boston is an extremely reactionist town, and that just because it's funny doesn't make it right. Not a good combo.

Also, check out CNET's take on it here. Interesting analysis of the supposed legal charges.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I like that they were on ebay.

mnthomp said...

Meeee too.